This accessibility statement applies to
This website is run by Youlgrave Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read or an audio recording:
- email email@example.com
- call 01629636151
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 7 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We are happy to talk you through any elements of the website either in person or other the phone should you require.
email@example.com 01629 636151 The office is the home of the clerk and not available to visit during COVID and by appointment only at other times.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Youlgrave Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the content listed below being currently non-accessible for the following reasons’:-
- Some PDFs from Sept 2018 require updated formatting to ensure they are fully accessible. We are working through these to update them as soon as we can.
- The Parish Council is not the only editor of this site and pages unrelated to council activities are not subject to the accessibility requirements so whilst we will encourage all contributors to follow the rules there may be issues that will take longer to address.
- For a parish of this size the web designer costs and time of the clerk are disproportionate to our functions to make compliant. We are therefore investigating solutions to make this website compliant – possibly commissioning a new site.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. We plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Youlgrave Parish Council is working with our website provider to fix any accessibility issues we have identified. We are also working to put processes in place to ensure that any new content created meets the required standards going forth.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21st September 2020. It was last reviewed on 22nd September 2020.
This website was last tested on 19th September 2020. The test was carried out by the Parish Council Clerk.
We took a selection of pages across the website ensuring we covered high traffic areas, important legal policy documents and pages which covered a variety of content such as pdfs, images, text and dynamic content.